Saturday, October 20, 2012

The 30 Day TV Detox- Day 12

Play and Enrichment

The other day, I rearranged the kid's play corner in our living room.  Since Simon attends Montessori, I wanted to create a space where he can play and where he can reinforce the skills he learns in school.  He loves puzzles, so I dug out a tangram book.  He spent a good 45 minutes trying to switch around the shapes until they fit.  I found another fun Montessori inspired activity on Pinterest (via the blog The Wonder Years,) where I gave Simon a piece of styrofoam, golf tees, and a hammer.  Before I found this activity, he had already discovered how to screw holes in styrofoam with real screws. The result was styrofoam all over the house.  This time, I controlled his environment!  Nonetheless, his favorite things to work with are toys and building, so this was the perfect activity for him.  


If any of you have any cool Montessori activities to share, please send them my way!





No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...