Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Queen City

About 2 weeks ago we took a road trip to visit extended family in Cincinnati, OH.  For me this was a fun and nostalgic visit.  I went to grad school at the University of Cincinnati, so I enjoyed showing my husband and children The Queen City's architecture and vistas.

I bet you are wondering why Cincinnati is called, "The Queen City?"  Apparently, Cincinnati grew so rapidly that by the 1820's it was considered the Queen City of the western frontier.

Our first stop was the Kroger building, where my very talented cousin-in-law, Jonathan Queen and his interns were commissioned to paint this mural.  Definitely check out Jonathan's artwork, his work is fantastic!



After a quick coffee stop downtown, we drove through the University of Cincinnati campus, then up through Eden Park where we passed through the Cincinnati Art Museum campus. We then stopped to snap up some Ohio River views.




No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...