Monday, July 23, 2012

Rainbow Cat

This morning, I was going through my children's art books and I stumbled upon Let's Paint A Rainbow, by Eric Carle.  Immediately, my son was drawn to the simple story of two workers painting rainbow stripes on a building.  We went through the colors of the rainbow, until we hit the color brown, and then pink?  Ok Eric Carle, what were you smoking in the Eighties?  The story ended with a picture of a big cat who's tail was painted like a rainbow.



Anyways, in true art teacher fashion, we made a mini-lesson from the story.  I drew him a cat (just like the end of the story) and I had him identify each color he saw in the rainbow.  He then proceeded to color his cat.





No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...