Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 Days of Crafting- Silhouette Portrait















One of my favorite stores is The Paper Source in Oak Park, IL.  Ever since my art student days, I would buy beautiful printed paper and decorate books, make books, or other crafts.  I saw this adorable project for a silhouette portrait, using decorative paper decoupaged on top of a frame.


I put my own twist on this project, by decoupaging precut oval mat board. Further, I used my handy iPhone to take pictures of the kids, and printed the images out on 8.5"x11" paper.  I cut this image out, and used it as a template to trace their faces onto black card stock.






This project turned out adorable, and would make a great grandparent gift.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...