Saturday, October 29, 2011

"I Spy..."


 
 Lately, my son has been obsessed with the "I Spy" book series.  Usually we'll look through the books together to discover and count all the little obscure objects in the photos.  Today, inspired by the brisk fall day, I decided to create an "I Spy" autumn vignette with my son.  First, went outside and picked up some sticks, leaves, acorns, and the little pumpkins on our porch.  Next, stacked and arranged the items.  Finally, we took a couple of minutes to examine and count our acorns and leaves.  
  This little lesson could easily be adapted for older children, by creating a vignette of their choice.  Take a picture, print it, and then have the child write an "I Spy" poem under the picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...