Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Hummingbird

How The Wise Hummingbird began.........


A couple of weeks ago, I read the story of 2004 Nobel Peace Prize winner, Wangari Maathai, a Kenyan environmental activist.  She told a story of the hummingbird, best described in this you tube video, called "I Will Be the Hummingbird."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMW6YWjMxw
I was truly inspired by this story, as it really is an allegory of how we should live our lives.  At times,  we feel that the daily grind of our lives is insignificant.  Each of us plays an important role in influencing others in a positive way.  "The Wise Hummingbird"  is a small way of sharing my gift of creativity.  I will be the hummingbird that teaches and inspires...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...