Friday, May 31, 2013

Last Day of School

Nine months ago, Simon began his first year of Montessori preschool.  Throughout this school year, I have seen him grow and flourish. He has developed a curiosity and love of independent learning.

On the first day of school, he met his first girlfriend, who shared the cubby next to him. From that day on, they were inseparable.  They spent their time working on the ocean map, playing outside, and sitting next to each other at snack time.  At one point, they even had their first fight. The teacher made them sit at the "peace" table to "work it out." Simon's version of "working it out" was getting mad and staying mad.

As the year progressed, I realized Simon could care less about reading and writing. We did not receive one piece of enrichment homework.  I loved that! I figured he has the rest of his life to read and write, and only one year to be a playful four year old.

On the last day of school, I took the same picture as on the first day of school. I can't believe how much he and Vivi have grown.  He no longer wears shorts, his green Sauconys don't fit him anymore, and he seems a foot taller.  I didn't realize until I edited these pics, that Vivi's baby made it to the first and last day of school.  In a few months she will join the toddler program.

People always say that kids grow fast.  I never realized the truth in these words.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...